I watched 'Namesake' - Mira Nair's movie about a Bengali couple coming and settling in the US in the 70s through an arranged marriage. The movie is about their sturggle and eventually settling in in Manhattan, about their family (son nicknamed Gogol ) and the cultural gap between the 2 generations..
Although the film tends to have more emphasis on the 'identify crisis' for Gogol and the culture clash between him and his parents - it has its own funny moments (Tabu saying - 'don't call us 'guys' and Irfan making a comment on the Prez's name). Irfan Khan's and Tabu's acting is terrific and I really liked the strong relationship which blossoms between the two ... and the dialogues between the father and the young son!
I don't want to reveal the entire story (althouh there is no suspense to it!) - but this is something you should go and experience yourself and see what part of the movie relate to you! As Irfan Khan's character says in the movie - Everyday is a gift .... quite thought provoking for me!
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment