Saturday, February 03, 2007

Unexpected Dallas


Winter in Dallas always amazes me! When I came here 4 years ago - I was told that snow is a rarity in this part of the world...and that was actually true. It used to snow (or rather ice/sleet) but just once or at the most twice a year. That was so much fun when we were in school - we used to have the 'mandatory' snowman and have 'sledges' made out of laundry baskets!

This year it has been quite surprising - the winter was pretty mild to start with where we had record warm temperatures up north. Infact at one point the temp in NYC was higher than Dallas!!! Then came this Artic winter storm which literally divded the country between the warmies and the coldies...so at a point - while we had ice in Dallas 1hr south of I45 was perfectly warm! Maybe this is not over yet - just yesterday as I was walking past the office hallway and looked outside - I saw soft snow flakes and within an hour the ground was white! Even more surprising was when I stepped out to go home by the day of the day - the 'snow' had already melted!

I guess this is just nature's way of teaching us - expect the unexpected :)!

1 comment:

Chintan Shukla said...

I know we had similar storm in Buffalo but it took one week to actually clear it!
Dallas seems much better though.

Chintan