Today, an interesting thing happened when I went to DFW airport to receive my friend. As I was waiting in the baggage claim area, I saw a cardboard box lying near the vending machine. It did not have any name of it and looked suspicious. I was about to dismiss it and check the flight arrival times when they announced "Please report any suspicious articles immediately..."
What timing! I looked around - I saw someone right at the entrance of the baggage area - he looked like he was in his 50s. I went to him and said, "Sir - there is a box lying there. Maybe you want to have someone check that out" to which he immediately replied, "No, it might just be a harmless box. If I report they will ask me so many questions. Thank you madam! " THAT's IT! It was too stunned to react!
Here we see on CNN, ABC and all the channel about people discussing about getting the ports, border and what not secure - an this was a blatant example of this not happening! I was not at all expecting the man to dial 911 or get a bomb squad but the least I was expecting was for him to have take a look.
Surprisingly that didn't happen.
Not all the news make headlines do they ;-)
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment